The Scott Family

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Being Baptised in Vitoria

I got dressed up.

And waited for the taxi to the airport.

Then I reclined in my chair and enjoyed the ride.

When I arrived in Vitoria I gave my cousin Melissa a big hug.

And even shared my toys with her in the bath.

My grandad and grandmother were so happy to see me.

Happiness comes in many forms...laughter...

And tears.

I wore a dress for my baptism that dad bought for me before I was born.

The priest made a cross with holy water on my chest.

Then he poured the same water over my head.

It was just like having a shower with dad or swimming in a pool.

Dad was unsure of what was happening to his little girl.

But I was fine.

The water was warm.

And I had people I love around me.

The lovely man dried my head.

And I looked around.

Everyone was happy.

My family with me.

Then the man used a special oil to put a cross on my forehead.

And Aunty Gisele held me for a special prayer.

A lot of the family came to celebrate this special day with Melissa and I.

At the party there were many other children. These two boys are the children of mums friends.

Then off to the airport in the afternoon.

As dad has to go back to São Paulo to work. Mum and I are staying here until Thursday.

But I can't leave my dad without giving him a great big KISS...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dad,
Thks for doing the blog for me... the photos look great! Mum and I love you and miss you alot... we can´t wait to give you lots and lots of love and kisses...see you tonight!

2:41 pm  
Blogger Melissa said...

Congratulations Isabella on your baptism - it looked like a lovely family occasion. You looked super adorable in your outfit (you are the best dressed baby I have ever known!). xx

3:04 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home